Monday, February 28, 2011

Joseph Asagai

Joseph Asagai is Nigerian. He is polite, respectful (pg 1052) He is dramatic looking and charismatic. Asagai motivates his attraction to Benethea and he's very compassionate  to change but very direct. He wanted to marry Benethea and take her to live with him to Africa. On page 1071 I liked a section where he stated his feelings. " I will go home and much of what I will have to say will seem strange to the people of my village. But I will teach and work and things will happen, slowly and swiftly. At times it will seem that nothing changes at all...and then again the sudden dramatic events which make history leap into the future." He was trying to prove to Benethea that she shouldn't hate her brother for what he did with the money. He seemed like a great guy with a good head on his shoulders.
I compared Asagai with Terrence Howard because of his personality. Howard is a great actor and he came to my mind as I was reading the play.   

1 comment: